Samples from Book Projects
Here are a few sample chapters from book projects I've worked on. I've posted them as pdf files to preserve the formatting without turning them into large graphics files.
- Recipes of Alexander Skåll
- The opening chapters of Todd Walton's recent novel. View the sample. Visit Todd's site.
- Oasis Tales of the Conjuror
- The opening chapters of Todd Walton's 2013 novel. View the sample. Visit Todd's site.
- The Hiker’s hip pocket Guide to the Humboldt/Del Norte Coast, 3rd Ed.
- For this project, I was working with an existing design and working with the author to create a new edition. I did the layout, the cover, and many of the maps. View the sample. Visit the Bored Feet Press site.
- Mendocino Gold
- Part of the second chapter of Lawrence Todd Bauman's novel. This project has changed quite a bit. I've included a sample from an early draft, since the project has gone to Kindle. This draft was designed as print book; the Kindle format eliminates any traces of typographic design. View the sample.
- "The Second Emigration" from HFY + CAB
- I was given a copy of The Last One Leaving Mayberry by Aaron McAlexander for use in my genealogy book. I took this chapter, added photos from the family archives, and gave it a type treatment consistent with the rest of my book. View the sample. View the whole book.