Well, poo. I’ve been really busy lately. Sometime in the last month or so, I noticed that ye olde blog wasn’t working. Attempts to access it were greeted with a database connection error. I poked around a bit trying to fix it, but to no avail. I went so far as to do a new WordPress installation and imported a back-up copy of my old posts into it. That sorta worked, but the text was littered with non-printing characters rendered as gibberish.
I finally figured out the problem. I’d changed the database password some time back as a security measure, without realizing that WP used the same damn password. A simple change to the wp-config.php file, and voila! The Blog Which Nobody Ever Reads is back online.